In order to reduce size of Outlook PST and save storage space on disk, you can perform few useful tasks. In your daily email communication, you delete unwanted email message but it still occupy disk space. In the same way, you also receive a number of emails that are not useful for you. For such emails you can set a rule that will place such emails in junk mail folder. Junk mail folder also engages disk space on your system. MS Outlook wants you to decide, messages stay in the Junk E-mail folder until you take action to remove them.
Empty the Deleted Items Folder Automatically:
You can tell follow the given steps to automatically empty Deleted Items each time you quit the program.
- Tools menu → Options → other tab.
- Check the box for Empty the Deleted Items folder upon exiting.
- OK to save the changes. You may need to exit and restart Outlook before the setting will take effect.
Warning during Automatic Emptying:
While automatically emptying deleted items during Outlook existing, you will get a warning message. In case, you do not need the warning, you can stop it.
- Tools menu → Options → other tab → Advanced Options button.
- Uncheck the box for Warn before permanently deleting items.
- OK twice to save the changes. You may need to exit and restart Outlook.
Junk mails also contain a large space on disk and you always try to get rid of them permanently. Although, you can delete a single message from the folder by selecting it and clicking the Delete button on the Standard toolbar but it is time consuming. Now, you can set automatic delete option that cleanup your junk emails and save your disk storage space. By changing the level of the Junk E-mail filter and settings you can automatically delete the Junk E-mail folder.
To change the Junk E-mail filter settings, follow these steps.
- Click on the "Tools" menu and select the "Options" menu item.
- Click on the "Preferences" tab and click on "Junk E-mail" within the "E-mail" area. Select the area or level you want to use. Explanations are provided so read them carefully to ensure you understand the settings.
If you are receiving a lot of Junk E-mail and it is legitimately junk or spam, you can select the "Permanently delete suspected junk e-mail" option. You should be very careful while selecting this option as this option will automatically delete the Junk E-mail folder.
In case of deletion of important emails from MS Outlook, you can try Kernel for Outlook PST repair tool. It is a professional tool to recover all lost, deleted or inaccessible Outlook emails.
Visit this link http://www.pstfix.com/download-pst-repair to downloads Kernel for PST File Recovery tool.